Hard work is starting to pay off for the Lytle boys track team. Before the break the pirates traveled to Dilley for their 4th track meet of the year. As soon as we arrived it started raining and didn’t let up for 3 hours. Our boys didn’t let that bother them. They competed very well and even more important, represented our school with class.
Although we only had 5 boys competing on varsity we got 4th place over all.
• Isaiah Gomez – 3rd in 3200 m run and 4th in 1600 m run
• Edson Hernandez – 1st in 800 m run and 1st in the 1600 m run
• Isaiah Ramirez – 4th in 100 m dash, 1st in 400 m dash, and 3rd in 200 m dash
• P.J. Darby – 5th in 200 m dash and 6th in 100 m dash
• Trevon Huth – 3rd in 300 m hurdle. ( First time he ran this event and did great)
JV Boys Results:
Our JV boys had an amazing night! We earned 176 points and a First Place Trophy. To put it in perspective, the second place team earned 112 points.
• Paul Tomlinson – 1st in 3200 m run, 3rd 1600 m run
• Cody Lopez – 3rd in 3200 m run
• Manuel Estrada – 4th 3200 m run
• 400 m relay – 1st (Contreras, Hunter, Sweeney, Garza)
• Justin Delgado – 1st 800 m run 3rd 400 m run
• Jeremy Sekula 2nd 800 m run 2nd 400 m run
• Joshua Montes - 5th 800 m run 2nd 1600 m run
• 800 m relay – 1st (Contreras, Hunter, Agunaga, Sweeney)
• Jeremy Mora – 1st 400 m run
• Seth Agunaga 2nd 300 m hurdles
• David Aguilar 5th 300 m hurdles
• Mathew Sweeney, 1st 200 m dash
• Cannon Hunter – 3rd 200 m dash
• 1600 m relay- 1st (Mora, Sekula, Delgado, Montes.
We will be traveling to Pleasenton on Wednesday 21 for our next track meet.
Thank you for your continued support and for all you do for our student athletes.
God bless and have a great Easter Week.
Head Boys Track